Friday, October 30, 2009

that guy


Today, I will give you some observations from the gym.

You are "that guy" at the gym if you:

//walk around stark naked
//don't flush
//vomit in the shower
//tell the trainers how to do it better
//hit on people while on the stairclimber
//wear clothes you have no business wearing
//scream or grunt loudly while working out
//take the elevator upstairs to run on a treadmill
//wear your bluetooth while working out
//talk really loud because you are listening to your ipod
//hock a loogie in the sink and let it get hard
//take off your shirt and pose in the mirrors
//talk on your cell phone while on the machines
//don't wipe off the machine when you are done
//carry on a conversation while drying your "area"
//spend more time talking than working out
//watch the aerobic classes thru the window
//change the channel in the locker room (without asking) while people are in there
//pull up next to me at the urinal and rip one really loud and then you don't laugh
//come into the sauna and sit really close to me when there is plenty of room
//drive around the parking lot more than twice to get a spot close to the front, only to go in and exercise
//stand there and stare at me while I am using the machine just to let me know you want to use it next
//keep a list of things that put you on "that guy" list

My point: don't be that guy, I will notice

feel free to add your own...

5 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Note to self - do not join a gym!

shannon freed said...

haha--I'm guilty of two of these--talking on the phone while on the machine is one--but I have to for work so it's doesn't count--and I'm not a guy! So I can't be that guy! But I mostly agree with this..hahha

Shane said...

Hilarious!
I saw almost all of these this morning at the gym. I will spare everyone the visual images of "interesting" things from the locker room, but it was a bit scary.

Heather said...

hahaha, I believe I have seen "that guy" quite a few times...well not the locker room stuff, but the other stuff!

DFowler said...

Okay, I have one...how about the guy who brags about how long he's been working out at the gym or how often he works out, etc.....I've had a few of those that I didn't even know feel the need to tell me that! HA! :)