Sunday, October 18, 2009

novembeard

I was in the mall "people watching" the other day and I began noticing the different beards. It is funny to me that some people grow an awesome beard while others shouldn't even call whatever that growth is a beard.

I thought, I should get a group of guys (women can play too) to make beard growing a contest. I pitched it and we have about 5 - 7 guys that are going to participate.

We are still working out the details but we may judge on appearance and mass. Everyone shaves on Oct 31 and we grow it for all of Nov.

We will have a panel of non spouse judges score on the look of the beard. Then we shave it and weigh the hair to see who actually grew the most. So the decision is - do you trim it up to get a higher score on appearance or do you go straight up mountain man and not care about the look but get the higher score on weight... decisions decisions.

My point: growing a beard is not as fun unless there is a competition involved. This is a co-ed contest so if any of you chicks with high testosterone want in, bring it!


3 comments:

Shannon Freed said...

Gary, this is hilarious! I'm going to encourage my husband to do it, too just for fun! His current work project is pretty laid back so I think he could get away with it. Women love guys with a good-looking beard!!

Ben, Tania & Logan said...

so funny, cant wait to see who all is doing it with you

Dustin said...

Awesome idea! We would like to give the winner an official No Shave Novembeard shirt.

http://www.haveamission.com/freshink_graphic_design/freshink-design/freshink-graphicdesign/novembeard-shirt.htm