Sunday, October 4, 2009

free lunch?

Who says there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Next week I will be enjoying a free lunch with a great friend. Brent will be purchasing a lunch of my choice because of a little accountability competition we have. Needless to say - he didn't do all he agreed to so the penalty is to buy me lunch (or is the penalty that he has to hang out with me).

As much as we hate to admit it, if we don't have deadlines or penalties, we would probably all be a little less motivated to do certain things. Brent and I have decided to hold each other accountable to certain disciplines in our lives and I absolutely love it. He is a great friend who can tell me anything because I know his heart is not to intentionally hurt me.

For now, we will continue holding each other accountable and if we need to, we will keep the rewards or penalties - depends on which perspective you are looking from...

My point: We all need that person in our lives to care enough to tell us the truth and hold us accountable. I just happen to be blessed enough to have a few.

Thanks Brent for not holding up your end of the deal but being a man of integrity that will follow through with the wager. I guess we both win. I get a free meal and you get to hang out with me. That is a win/win as far as I can tell!!!

Where should I go?

1 comment:

Brian Allgood said...

Skyline Chili in Pickerington of course!