Saturday, October 17, 2009

manners

I feel like I have been somewhat of a critique lately. I like paying attention to how people are treated at places that are supposed to be about customer service. Here is my latest venture.

Planet Coffee is a place we (C3 staff) go often. I must admit I was a little sad when Cup O Joe went out of business because of the relationships that we built there but Planet Coffee has been a very pleasant surprise.

First of all they have the "executive breakfast" - if you haven't tried it, you have to, enough said.

Today I went in and it was very busy. 2 people were working behind the counter and one was new so the other one was running crazy...

Even though she was extremely busy, she was very patient with the new co-worker and very nice to the customers in line. She was handling 3 to 4 orders at a time and making best use of the new employee. She made sure that if there was something she could do, she instructed her to do it. They worked very well together.

Then, I was very impressed that when she handed me my executive breakfast (in a 32oz cup) she went on to say "have a great day and thanks so much for stopping in". Even though she was dealing with a long line of people, a new co-worker and orders out the wazooo, she didn't forget her manners.

My point: people are why you have a job. If you are a business and treat the people like garbage, what the heck do you hope happens. Good customer service is what it's all about.

There is a great book by Ken Blanchard called "Raving Fan". I am a fan of Planet Coffee. Well done coffee team...

1 comment: