Monday, April 4, 2011

it has been thrown...

So once again I enter the blogosphere. 
gauntlet

No, I didn't just randomly check back in - I was challenged to enter!

The king of cliche, Brent Salyers has started blogging again and has "thrown down the gauntlet" (look at me using a cliche...). 

The challenge is to blog at least 3 times a week. If either of us fail to meet the criteria, we have to take the other out to lunch. 

Now, I see this as a no lose situation on my part. 
//I get to read his blogs 3x a week - win. 
//If I don't do my part, I get to go to lunch with him - win. 

Not a bad deal.  

Since I knew I was going to use the cliche "throwing down the gauntlet" I figured I would look into it. What I found was pretty interesting. Back in the day, the "gauntlet" was actually a glove looking thing they wore on their hand. When an challenge was issued, the maker of the challenge would take it off and throw it on the ground. If the person being challenged accepted - they picked it up. 

I guess I would rather have the gauntlet thrown than to have to run the gauntlet (you can look that one up...)

My point: I love a challenge, especially one that I win either way. 

Be sure to see if he is doing his part by checking out his blog 

No comments: