Monday, April 11, 2011

Prove it

I have brean praying for a friend and I made the comment to call me if he needs to talk. I said I would "make" time for him if he needed me.

Last night I had my bag packed for the gym, it was loaded in my car, I had all my clothes ready, alarm was set and MY plans were set. Then I got a text...

My friend asked if I had time to talk @ 6:30a tomorrow morning. I didn't have to think about it, I just had to do what I said I would do - prove it.

After I said yes, I started rearranging my plans. I had to reset the alarm (now getting less sleep), repack or unpack the gym bag & rearrange my schedule. SO WHAT!

I meet with people all the time but this is a FRIEND who took me up on my offer to be there day or night. I was honored that he trusted me enough to share.

I didn't feel the need to tell him all the things that I would now have to change and what make it look like it is some huge sacrifice - I did what a friend would do, I did what he would've done, I did what I SAID I would do - my friend just asked me to prove it with my actions.

My point: lots of people say things like "I am here if you need anything" but then they aren't. Or they throw out the right thing to say but not everyone proves it. Anyone can make an excuse - don't be that guy...

No comments: