Tuesday, April 19, 2011

angry birds

My wife told me something was wrong with the dryer so when I went to investigate I pulled it away from the wall and pulled the vent hose thingy off and a few little sticks fell out. I took the whole thing off and began to shake it and out poured what used to be a nest. I then reached my hand into the back of the dryer and pulled out more nest looking stuff and a cute little blue egg.

Apparently our outside vent doesn't have a screen on it. It does have a flapper but the bird was smart enough to raise it up and get in without much effort.

After I cleaned it up I thought about the surprise the bird was gonna have when it returned to see it's house was destroyed and the egg was gone. It was gonna be one angry bird. I thought what a stupid place to build a nest but then after I thought about it more, it was the perfect place to nest an egg. Our dryer was incubating the egg in the momma birds absence. We kept her egg warm so she could go out and attend all the birdy parties.

My point: put a screen on your vent because there is a homeless angry bird looking for a new place of residence.

I love the angry bird app

No comments: