Saturday, April 30, 2011

axiom

I try to reinforce behaviors by repeating little bullet statements. Bill Hybels wrote a book called axiom & uses these statements to help him filter decisions.

One that I have seen working is "smiles & hugs". Hannah & Rae dont always wake up the most cheerful little princesses but now we made a rule that when u get up u have to smile & gives hugs. That helps get over the grumpy butt attitude.

It doesnt always work but it gets them thinking about their attitude. They now remind each other (& us) to smile & give hugs - thats how I know its working.

My point: I am not always going to be around but if I can leave some axioms to help my kids be better people & make better decisions, I am ok with that.

A shout out to my dad who without realizing it helped me see how effective repitition is. He used to always say "do it right the first time so u dont have to do it again" (among others). I dont always do it right the first time but I always hear him telling me to.

I just blogged on my DROID

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: