Friday, April 15, 2011

a hero comes along...

Every week Hannah goes to ballet and if I take her I usually sit out in the room with Raegan and play angry birds or read Rae a book.  The other parents crowd around a small window to watch the kids fall all over each other.

Tonight the teachers said we can come in and watch so I figured - this oughta be good & got out the droid to video it. I didn't really know what to expect from a bunch of 5 year olds but I absolutely loved it.

They did a dance to the song "hero" and I couldn't stop myself from getting all teary eyed! I thought - this moment is not gonna last very long. This beautiful little red headed ballerina princess is gonna be graduating college before I know it and I hope to be seen as her hero.

Hannah hero video

My point: I can only hope that my kids love me half as much as I love and respect my parents. These moments won't last forever so I need to cherish them and live a life worthy to be her hero.

Being a dad is the best!

No comments: