Wednesday, June 20, 2007

U fling poo

I just learned that monkeys are born without a defense mechanism. Therefore they must resort to flinging poo to defend themselves against predators and other cannibalistic monkeys. A recent study on monkey poo flinging shows that 95% of all monkeys fling their own poo, while only 5% fling other monkeys poo.

In other news, a monkey located at the Tucson Zoo was clocked throwing poo at 90 miles per hour. The Arizona DiamondBacks have now enlisted the poo flinging monkey for 20 million bananas. This discovery marks the second new species found within the past month. This specific monkey is known as primatus fecalus flingus, loosely translated as the turd throwing demon.

Insulting someone or passing along gossip is like "flinging poo". I think we are more like the 5% of monkeys because we typically fling other peoples poo. We always insult or pass gossip about other people but be sure to tell how great we are.

I used to get so mad when people would say things about me that weren't true. I remember how much time I would spend trying to shoot down rumors or deny gossip. It was very tiring. I am sure we have all had things said about us that felt like we got hit smack dab in the kisser with a big ol' turd.

Then one day I was talking to a friend and he explained that if I answer any gossip or insults, I will never be finished. People are going to say what they want and they will also believe what they want. He told me to "take the high road" and let my life speak for itself. We will be known by our fruit. I actually had people apologize after they realized there was no truth to the poo being flung.

1 Peter 2:23 He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered, he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.

My point: Our natural reaction is to retaliate when we are insulted, but if there is no truth to the poo being flung - who cares! Don't waste your time playing in poo. Your true friends and family will know the truth but more importantly God knows the truth. Your life is the greatest poo repellent we have.

What about you, do you fling poo?

3 comments:

BeckE said...

Trust me I've had plenty of "poo" thrown my way, but the "poo" only sticks if you don't wipe it off. One time at the San Antonio zoo I had real "poo" thrown me. I wondered why he did that.

brent salyers said...

Poo Flinging...NICE!!!! never thought of that one....???? but not suprised you did!!! you are sooooo creative.

Christy said...

Interesting analogy. I now feel normal. Thanks Gary!