Tuesday, June 5, 2007

is there a point



Well, here I am. I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting my arrival so wait no longer. I have entered the world of blogging.

Who would've thought that people would actually go to a place on the web to read a bunch of stuff that comes out of my head. Kind of a scary thought.

This is my own personal space where I can write whatever I want. I will impose my opinions on you, rant and rave about the injustice of others, put some pictures, tell "my side" of the story and who knows, every now and then I may even have a point.

This is my place to fill however I want, as long as I clearly represent who I really am. I could put a bunch of lies and create a person I want everyone to believe I am. I could use this space as a mask and maybe you would never know the truth...But (and that is a BIG BUT), those closest to me would know and more importantly my God would know.

I heard a sad quote that said "why go through the pain of really becoming something when faking it will get you by?" answer: because it is worth it.

My point: we can spend a lot of time being fake and trying to be who we want others to believe we are OR we can be real. Knowing who you really are begins by knowing God and who He created you to be.

Who are you today?

6 comments:

Andy Warren said...

Welcome! Bro I love that you're blogging and will be able to challenge me with your thougths too...

Love the quote!

Andy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

You'll just entertain me with your thoughts.... ; )

Tim said...

It's about time...hahaha! I have missed getting to here the wise thoughts of THE gary fowler! I am looking forward to being sharpened!

Unknown said...

I am not sure how challenged or sharpened you will be but I will strive for at least entertainment. You may even end dumber as a result of regular reading of this blog.. thanks for the comments

Ryan Day said...

Gary! It will be great to connect with you on here!