Monday, June 11, 2007

16:3

When your head hits the pillow at the end of the day, how do you know if it was a success?

Today I started out with a list of projects I wanted to complete. I managed to get them all finished. Is that success? Then I played a game of softball, I played pretty good but our team lost. I got to meet some new people and visit with some people I haven't seen in awhile. Is that success?

I remember trying to determine if there is a way to gauge a successful day. I asked many people and got a wide variety of answers. Some people say if they "made money", others said if they "didn't lose money", while some said if they "just make it through the day" it was successful. A "clean house", "getting in a good workout", "not falling off the wagon" or "not looking at things I shouldn't look at" were all answers I heard.

Then I remember reading Proverbs 16:3 "commit your plans to the Lord, and He will make them successful." There it is... right from the Word of God. If I wake up in the morning and commit the day and everything that happens in it to the Lord, then when my head hits the pillow, it was successful. I loved that verse so much I made it part of my email address. fowler163@yahoo.com

I still start out the day with a plan, but I pray about that plan and I try to follow through with it the best I can. I have to understand that IF I truly commit this day to the Lord, He has permission to change it and that has to be ok with me.

My point: Start out the day with a plan, one that has been committed to the Lord and my guess is that He will make it a successful day. When your head hits the pillow at the end of the day, you can look back and smile because you know it was the day God had planned for you and you were faithful to His plan.

I bet you will sleep much better knowing that you had a successful day and you are going to have another one tomorrow.

Hannah ate a lot of cookies, got to play outside, had someone cater to her every whim and beat the mess out of the dog, to her that was a successful day. Look how good she is sleeping.


How do you determine if you had a successful day?

No comments: