Friday, March 28, 2008

train of thought

I love getting out of the office to clear my head and think. Wednesday I traveled and got some good "think time". Today I had a meeting at cup-o-joe and after my meeting, I just sat to think.

Wow, it is amazing how your mind operates when the distractions are limited or at least different. When I am in the office, I am reminded of all the stuff that isn't done. When I am out, I am able to focus on whatever I am working on. I can actually have a train of thought that doesn't get derailed.

My point: we all need to step away and see things thru a different lense. We need to step outside of our normal routine or setting and clear our minds. I find I am refreshed and refocused when I get away for a bit. Then I can go back to the office and be sharper and more productive.

Going to the gym helps too (I just had to let everyone know that I am still going to the gym...)

No comments: