Saturday, March 8, 2008

level 3 emergency

Here I sit at the kitchen table with a cup of tea, eating cheese crackers in a thermal long sleeve shirt & boxers. Now that you have that image forever burned into your long term memory, I will continue.

Our area is currently under a level 3 snow emergency. That basically means don't drive because the roads are awful.

I got up this morning to go to a men's convention. I drove in this garbage weather for about an hour. I drove home after they cancelled the rest of the sessions due to the weather. I drove all over this crazy city and saw so many losers getting stuck or ending up in a ditch. I do very well in bad weather. At least until I got home.

After driving all morning, navigating the worst conditions this area has seen in years, I get to my house only to get stuck pulling into my driveway!!! I guess if I am going to get stuck that is the place to do it.

I started thinking that my home is the first place that I should take care of. While others are out taking care of other roads and areas, I should be taking care of my home. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be stuck. I get to spend the entire day with my family. I love it. I picked up some pizza and some junk from the store while I was out and now am settled in for the long haul.

My point: it shouldn't take a level 3 snow emergency to make you spend time with your family. You need to be intentional about spending time with the ones you love. If you don't make it a priority, it may become more of an emergency than you are wanting to deal with.

Go hug the ones you love (don't even ask for anything)

2 comments:

DFowler said...

Awwwhhhh, We love you too! ;) We love being snowed in with you!

Blackkrystal said...

Amen, Don't forget to play with Libby Lou.

Kevin