Sunday, March 30, 2008

bats

I just want to start off by saying "I have an amazing wife". I always knew this but lately I have been seeing just how blessed I am. I still get that funny feeling in my stomach when she is around.

We have our moments but we have learned how to communicate thru those times instead of yell, scream, punch, spit... just to get our own way. We have figured out how to put "we" ahead of "me".

That was not an easy thing to learn. We had to learn to trust each other and decide that we would work to make things peaceful instead of throwing fuel on a burning fire. When I am frustrated, she is calm (normally). When she is stressed, I pitch in to help (most of the time). This is now the "rule" as opposed to the "exception". We are trying to be less selfish and more selfless.

If we both try to put the other persons feelings and needs ahead of our own, guess what - peace and harmony. If we continually manipulate, cry and beg to get our own way, guess what - chaos and frustration.

I have some people very close to me that are going thru a very tough time as a couple. I can see that the lines of communication have been severed. It is so sad, because I truly believe that the love that they feel is lost, can be revived and grow stronger than ever.

My point: We aren't always successful at avoiding "heated arguments" but we are doing much better. Don't wait until it's too late to appreciate the one you have. Your spouse may not be perfect but if you think you will find someone without any issues at all, you are nuts.

It takes healthy people to make a healthy relationship. If your relationship is not as healthy as you would like - begin looking in the mirror and ask "would I want to be married to me?" - then be brutally honest.

I hate that my friends are having problems. Hearing other people complain about their relationships makes me appreciate mine so much more.

I still get that funny feeling in my stomach when we kiss - it's those bats flying around inside!

Disclaimer: I know this is a sappy post, but she will love it...

1 comment:

DFowler said...

YES! I do love it! Thanks Babe! You are still my Sunshine and of course I still get the butterflies too! Awwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so sappy! I am so blessed to be married to my best friend!