Monday, March 10, 2008

Example

You are in for a treat today. My beautiful wife, Deni, has decided to make a special guest appearance (post) on my blog. Enjoy!
___________________________________________________
A couple months ago, I was on the floor laughing uncontrollably after I saw Hannah "feeding" her baby doll. I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw my 2 year old little girl unzip her jammies and put her baby doll to her chest. WOW! What an eye opener that was.

After I picked myself up off the floor and got my laughter under control I started thinking...I am an example to this precious child. She watches me and learns things from me when I don't even know it. She is a total mimic these days. She watched me nurse her little sister, Raegan and learned that this is the way to feed a baby.

I also see myself in her with little things she does. She started to stand with her hands on her hips. I guess I do that! She will watch me work out and stretch and is right by my side watching and trying to do the same things. She even "helps" me change Rae Rae's diaper! Gotta get that on video!

My point: Who's watching you? The bible says in 1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. Are you being a good example to your family, friends & co-workers? What are they learning from you?

1 comment:

Konan Stephens said...

Deni,
How true that is! It think is amazing to that my kids pick up both my good traits and bad as well. I know for me this is very humbling and scary all at the same time. It truly does challenge me to take a very deep look at who I am and who I want my kids to be.