Thursday, May 26, 2011

forgot my wallet

Everyone knows how this works. You go to lunch and when it is time to pay you tell the other person that you forgot your wallet.

The problem is that if you ALWAYS forget your wallet, we begin to question if you even own a wallet.

The other day this dude we will call him "Brad" forgot his wallet - AGAIN. I was going to get a polar pop and he said I will come with you. I knew his game so I asked if he had his wallet. Guess what, he didn't. I said dude just ask me to get you one, you don't have to keep playing that old game. We had a little giggle and went to get a polar pop.

As I was getting ready to go, I saw he was filling up 2. I asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to get Konan on too. I asked how he was planning on getting Konan one when he wasn't even getting himself one. He stood there and let it sink in that he wasn't even paying for his own so how did he plan on paying for Konan's. I said "Brad if you can figure this one out, you have totally beat the system. The whole economy will be rewritten by you if you can make this work."

Once it sunk in, he just stared at me. I said, get it, I will pay for his too...

My point: don't be that guy. Don't keep making the same excuses and think people are dumb enough to believe you.

I may be dumb enough to buy it, but I don't even think you own a wallet. If you do, it definitely doesn't have any money in it. Maybe you should say "I forgot to get a job to make money to put in my wallet". At least that's believable...

No comments: