Wednesday, May 11, 2011

easily offended

I saw a little girl the other day and I found myself trying to guess how old she was. I thought about my kids and decided that this little girl was about 3 yrs old.

I realized I stink at guessing people's ages. I would be horrible at the carnival game to guess ages. Then I started thinking about people's spiritual age. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to determine someone's spiritual maturity.

If we could do that, we could partner the mature ones with the less mature believers. Then I heard a statement that said "you can determine your spiritual maturity by how easily offended you are".
Uh oh...

If we can determine how spiritually mature someone is by how easily offended they are, there are a lot of immatture so-called believers up in the house!

If you find yourself being offended I would challenge you to take a long hard look at your relationship with Jesus.

My point: If you are easily offended, you are immature. If that statement just offended you - you proved my point.

No comments: