Tuesday, November 10, 2009

shut up and color

I hate when someone is having a bad day and it seems like their goal is to let everyone know it.

This past Sunday was a very tough day but I purposely tried to guard reacting differently to people. I didn't want to take it out on other people just because I was bummin. It wasn't anyone's fault so why should they have to take the brunt of my pain or grief.

I had a couple situations where I wanted to discuss some things with some people but chose not too just because I wanted to make sure I didn't come off like a jerk (I mean - any more than normal)

I don't always do this, but I was able to do it on the toughest day of the year because I was aware of the possibility of overreacting. If we guard it we can avoid hurting people just because we are hurting.

My point: know yourself well enough to know when you should or shouldn't talk. If you are not sure - pause and run it by someone not involved. It's always better to wait and respond then to react and bite someone's head off.

Sometimes you should just shut up and color, it helps relieve stress...

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

What an awesome idea "shut up and color". If we could all just do that alittle more. Great words of wisdom. Thanks Gary!