Sunday, November 8, 2009

if love was measured by balloons

Megan Renae Fowler Nov 8, 2004 - Nov 12, 2004

Today I celebrated 4 of the best days of my life. My Megan was born 5 years ago today. She died 4 days later but I choose to focus on the life of love she lived. That child knew nothing but love her entire life.

It is a family tradition to buy a balloon for each person. We then write a personal note on ours and when ready, we release the balloon to the sky.

Tonight I did something a little different. I didn't plan it, it just sorta happened this way.

Normally I write a ton of stuff and fill the entire balloon with words but tonight I was crying really hard and my balloon got soaked. Since it was so wet, it made it difficult to write on. I started thinking about it and I really liked the idea of speaking the words to her out loud and sending my balloon up with my tears. I managed to write her name and "I love you little girl" on my balloon before sending it off to the great unknown.

As I watch the balloons get further and further away, to the point they disappear, I seem to find some peace - I feel very close to Megan during this little ceremony. The whole family sent up their own balloon with a special message, including Raegan. It was precious.

My point: I will never forget my Megan, so I choose to celebrate her life. I want my family to have a healthy outlet for pain. We all need that...

If my love was measured by balloons, the entire sky would've been filled.

I love you little girl!

4 comments:

Josh Stephens said...

Gary, just know Britt and I are praying for you thru this difficult time love you man...
don't know if you've seen this, but an amazing story like yours.

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

Heather said...

I know I've said it before, but your family is in our prayers...we love you all and pray God's continued blessing and peace in your lives!

DFowler said...

Awhhhh, Love ya!:(

Rochelle said...

When I think about what you and Deni( and the whole family) went through my heart breaks for you. Megan knew the most important thing any and every child should know...LOVE. You guys are great parents and God will continue to bless you for your faithfulness. Love and Prayers for all of you as you go through this time.