Friday, November 13, 2009

Extreme sissy

Ok so I admit that I usually get all choked up when I watch Extreme makeover home edition. There is something about that show that really gets to me.

I love how they find a family in need and tell their story. If they only showed the house before and after, it wouldn't be anywhere near as moving.

The part that makes it so emotional is the story. When they show how bad things are and how they are currently living, it just tears me up. Then you get to ride the emotional roller coaster. The family gets to spend a week at Disney and come home to the dream home.

I think the cool part is watching the faces of the kids. They go from sad or hopeless to amazement and excitement. There is something about having their own space specifically designed for them that gives them a sense of "anything is possible".

I love watching people go from hopeless to hopeFULL.

Maybe that is why I absolutely love C3. We get to watch people go through LifeChange and it is a joy to get to watch.

My point: as Christians we should be the people who offer hope to others through our words and actions. We should do our best to do whatever it takes to show the love of the God we serve.

I get emotional when I watch Extreme makeover home addition but I also get choked up when people experience the love of Christ. So if getting all teary eyed when I watch an extreme makeover or an extreme LifeChange makes me a sissy - I guess I am an extreme sissy and I am ok with that...


3 comments:

Shannon Freed said...

well said, Gary

brent salyers said...

That's. SOOOOO ME! It's good to know I'm NOT the only sissy!

Dave Kidd said...

between the three of us, we'll keep Kleenex in business....