Monday, August 4, 2008

last first

A couple weeks ago we noticed that Raegan has some teeth in that chubby little head of hers. 
I began to think about how fast time goes by.

When I try to feed her, there are times I get cereal up her nose and all over her face. This is really cute until you are in a bit of a time crunch. 

One morning, I was trying to get her fed and ready to go somewhere when she started being so nibby and wouldn't keep her head still for me to cram the spoon into her mouth. Just as I started thinking about getting frustrated I realized how much I am going to miss times like these. 

There is a song by Trace Adkins called "you're gonna miss this". He sang it on the finale of celebrity apprentice last year. I remember really liking the song then and even more now. 

Each time she does something for the first time, it is the last "first time" for her. The last first tooth, the last first step, the last first da da... (I gotta stop so I don't cry)

I am going to miss this. I am going to miss my baby (the last one) needing me to carry her everywhere, feeding her and yes even changing those nasty diapers. As she begins to learn and do more, of course I am excited for her but there is something about knowing that she is the last baby I will ever have that makes me a little sad. 

My point: in this season of slowing down, I am really enjoying seeing her be a baby. I absolutely love watching my girls grow up but I just wish it didn't seem to happen so fast. I will not allow myself to look back and say I missed it, I WILL be able to say I enjoyed it to the fullest. 

Yes, her shirt says "my heart belongs to daddy" - you just can't read it because of the rolls...

3 comments:

DFowler said...

Awwwhhhh, you got me cryin' again! Our girls are truly blessed to have you as their daddy! :)

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I read this today and when Ethan rolled over for the last/first time tonight I thought of your blog and cried like a baby! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

you red headed moms cry a lot