Saturday, August 23, 2008

triathlon

Well I guess when you hang around people long enough, they rub off on you. Konan does races all the time because he has a very unhealthy obsession for trophies. (He is also very good at them)

He talked me into doing a "sprint triathlon". It began with a 500 meter swim followed by a 12 mile bike and finished up with a 5k run. I was pretty confident I would at least finish but I had no idea how long it would take me. 

I absolutely loved it. I did better than I thought I would and there are definitely things I could do different to improve if I were to do it again. 

My point: you begin to act like the people you hang around. You can also learn from every experience and do it better / different the next time. Who are you hanging around and what do they encourage you to do. What are the people hanging around you doing?

I am blessed to hang around some great people who encourage me to grow spiritually, mentally and physically. I feel sorry for the people who hang around with me...

I am told that you can call yourself a "triathlete" for 2 years once you do a triathlon race. Please address me accordingly for the next 2 years.

4 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Sir Triathlete? His Triathleteness,
Mr Triathalon? Pastor Triathalon? Gary-The Triathlete? Gary the Magnificent Triathlete????

Aw Man! I'm so confused...

Dave Kidd said...

Oh Yeah!

Comngrats man! - your a much better man than I!

Heather said...

Congrats! and I have to say you have certainly rubbed off on my husband the right way and I thank you for that!!

DFowler said...

Good Job Baby! I am so proud of you!