Friday, August 15, 2008

google yourself

I had a friend from my past recently find this blog. He found it because he googled his name and it came up in one of the comments on a blog post. Go figure...

It was great to email back and forth a little with this guy and he was pretty surprised to hear of my career / profession. I get that response A LOT when people from my past hear that I am a pastor. Anytime I see someone from when I was growing up, from high school, college or the military, I usually begin the conversation with "I am sorry..." I was an absolute idiot. (I know you are saying "was" - shut up). 

Here is the way I see it. I was blind, now I see. When I was making fun of people, tearing them down for my own personal enjoyment and living a life that I am not proud of - I was blind. Then I developed a real relationship with Jesus and "now I can see". 

I see that the things I was doing were empty and led to places I didn't really want to go. Now that I can see, I try to encourage, uplift people and make wise choices. I really do try to treat others the way I want to be treated.

My point: no one will deny what I was and hopefully no one can deny what I have become. When people see you, something comes to their minds - what is it? What did it used to be and what is it now. If it isn't any better now that you are a little older and hopefully wiser, you need to evaluate your life. 

Go ahead, google yourself and see what comes up. 

Some of you have the pleasure of not knowing me back then - believe me, I was worse!!!

5 comments:

Dave Kidd said...

Great Post Praise God!

Dave Kidd said...

ackk, I googled myself and learned that I've been convicted of possession with intent to sell.. Oh, wait, different David E. Kidd, whew!

The Truth said...

I googled "Gary Fowler-past"...WOW!!! The feel good story of the year. I hear Lifetime is doing a movie about him...Old Gary will be played by Gary Busey. New Gary will be played by John Stamos and his wife by Valerie Bertinelli. I,of course,will be played by The Rock.

Seriously--to see the difference is amazing. Jesus HAS to be a pretty cool dude....GarySaul of Tarsus :)

Anonymous said...

Apparently I am a no one LoL. I Google myself and it either says something about Tiffany lamps or how someone is making Meager wages.

Oh well...maybe thats a good thing =]

The Truth said...

SIDEBAR: I truly think Gary should get a perm,a la Mike Brady. It might help with his "Fish" problem. A perm says "Respect my authority!!" So, the frequency of "Fish Moonings" would probably decrease.