Monday, May 5, 2008

shut up and "drive"

We are in Atlanta GA at Andy Stanley's "Drive 08" conference. If you follow my twitter, you have all the updates. (see last post to see how to follow me on "twitter")

I can only say this is absolutely amazing. The commitment to excellence is noticeable and appreciated.

I think sometimes we get caught up in "good enough/ not that bad / they didn't notice / it was ok..." - the bottom line is that we settle for less than the best we can do. Good is the enemy of Great.

My point: if we are doing the best we can with what we have - great. If not we are not being trustworthy with what God has blessed us with. Striving for excellence is a moving target. We can do a few things with excellence or we can do a bunch of stuff ok. I believe God has gifted us with certain gifts that we are to combine with others (can you say "church" or body of Christ) to have a passion to see lives changed for Jesus Christ - why???? BECAUSE HE IS WORTH IT!!!

If you are not doing the best you can with what you have - why should God bless you with more?

This conference is amazing. Next year I hope you "shut up and drive"... 09

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Hey, glad you got to go! Sounds amazing, well, except for your "man crush" comment on twitter - disturbing...

Hey, I hope to get to hang with you a bit in Dublin next week.

D