Tuesday, May 6, 2008

bikini wax in church

Drive 08 is amazing. Today we had 3 sessions then went to one of North Point's site campuses. When we got there Konan and I beat everyone we played in cornhole (full disclosure:one team did win 1 game of a best of 3 series), then got to see Jeff Foxworthy live.

Jeff Foxworthy goes to North Point Church and is a friend of Andy Stanley. Jeff was absolutely HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard I think I peed a little. He did some new stuff and some Bible comedy along with his standard "redneck" stuff. He even talked about his wife getting a bikini wax. That's right, he talked about that IN CHURCH!!!

Jeff talked about his love for God and Jesus. It was a great experience. I am so pleased to see that there are Christian people that can have fun in church. They love Jesus and they love to have fun. I knew it was possible!!!

My point: *if you are not having fun being a Christian - you are doing it wrong. We should have more fun than anyone because we should have a passion for life and seeing lives changed. If we want to attract people to Jesus, we need to show them that it is a GREAT way of life. It isn't always easy, but it is always nice knowing that the God of the universe is in control.

If YOU are the only way someone could ever hear about or see Jesus, would others even want to follow Him?

*I stole this quote from Andy Warren (another really cool "Andy")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been a big fan of Jeff Foxworthy but I respect that he works clean and to read that he is part of the body.

I have never understood why a "Christian Comedian" has to be limited to trying to make jokes out of the Bible...I can't do that and I don't find it all that funny when others do either.

Andy Stanley ROCKS!