Thursday, May 22, 2008

junkless june

I was listening to a radio show the other day and heard a guy say there are certain things you can't really wean off of, you have to go "cold turkey". The one thing he said that hit me was DESSERTS!

As soon as he said that, I thought "there is no way I could do that". Then I thought to myself "self, maybe that is why you NEED to do it"... I hate when I do things like that.

I was sharing my thoughts with a few people and they would tell me that desserts wouldn't be hard but pop / Starbucks / chocolate / pork /chips (whatever would be hard for them) would be tough. I then responded with "then you need to do it". I could see the wheels turning and then they would say things like "I am in" or "what are the rules", "what are the penalties"...

It is surprising how much junk we eat and don't realize how hard it would be to go without it. Because it is so hard, that is why we should do it.

My point: if you are so adamantly opposed to going without something that is probably not good for you anyway - YOU NEED TO GO WITHOUT IT!!!

Here is my challenge to you - leave a comment on this post (I don't like "anonymous" but if that is the only way you will leave a comment - go ahead) and let me know what is the thing/s you would have the hardest time giving up for 30 days.

Anyone who wants to take the "junkless june" challenge will be emailed the guidelines.

6 comments:

DFowler said...

That picture of that banana split looks SO GOOD!! :)
I think sweets would be the hardest for me. I don't know if I'm in for June yet.....gotta get this ice cream out of the house first! HA! :) What are the rules??
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I think that pop would be the hardest for me! I honestly don't think I could go 30 days without it, but I could do something small. Like a week! Haha =]

Unknown said...

Soda...that would be really tough for both Burton and I. We are sadly addicted to the caffeine.

DFowler said...

OKAY, I AM IN...CAN'T BELIEVE I'M GONNA DO THIS. I THINK I MUST NEED TO DO IT SINCE I THINK I CAN'T. HOPE THE FACT THAT I'M CHEAP AND COMPETITIVE HELPS!
THANKS FOR DOING IT! WE CAN DO THIS!

Dave Kidd said...

DR Pepper

hope said...

ok, I'm in. Tell me what I need to do. Ice cream would be the worst. Oh, coffee is realy bad too. Um, what about fiber one bars? Is pizza really pizza if it doesnt have the traditional round pita like crust? Is frozen yogurt "ice cream"?