Thursday, January 10, 2008

poop in the tub

Hannah loves her bath. We have a whole routine we go through when it is bath time. We start with a question of "who's that baby gonna get that bath?". Hannah begins to dance and we break out in song as we head toward the bathroom. It only gets better from there.

We then get into the tub followed by the massive amount of tub toys. Then the real fun begins. We spell words with the tub letters, have water fights with Dora and Boots and splash like crazy.

One evening I was on the phone while Hannah was playing and I looked down to see a big ol' turd coming out of her cute little butt. I told the person I would have to call them back "Hannah just pooped in the tub". I grabbed her out of the tub and then scooped the poop out and into the proper place - THE TOILET!!!

I had to wash all the toys. Some went to the washing machine while others found their way into the dishwasher. Then I went and scrubbed the tub. It was quite an adventure.

My point: don't poop in the tub. It ruins the fun and quite frankly, it's really gross.

8 comments:

amy said...

this was one of your most inspiring blogs. thank you, gary.

DFowler said...

Awwwhhh, she's gonna be so embarrassed that you told everyone that! Poor Baby Girl! ;)

The Truth said...

See, I knew you were very smart. That is wisdom for the ages. Wow, when she's in her teens, this archive will serve as an embarassing reminder of youth!!

The Truth said...

Also, have you ever heard of "if life hands you lemons, make lemonade".....you should have used the poop as a submarine.....My quote: "Never let a little poop in the tub ruin a good time"...Also, "if life hands you lemons, cut the lemons into tiny wedges and squirt the juice right in someone's eye. If you must suffer, make others suffer as well."

Dave Kidd said...

Yep, I'm smiling

Christy said...

still laughing over the submarine comment - i like that way of thinking.

Ryan Day said...

wow - 2 posts in a row talking about colons or poop...Gary you are an amazing communicator!!!

Ericka said...

wow...absolutely inspiring! :oD