Friday, January 4, 2008

my daughter did my hair

I have to admit I love it when other people mess with my head. I love getting haircuts, when they shampoo it, comb it, whatever. It is just so relaxing and calming.

My 11 yr old, Shayna thought it would be funny to do daddy's hair. I didn't really care how funny it would be, I just knew it would feel good and relax me, so I let her.

She took about 30 minutes to get my short hair in these little rubber bands. She put 30 of them all over my head. I LOVED IT, I nearly fell asleep 3 times but my head kept bobbing and it messed her up so she had to keep waking me.

Anyway, then she finished and it was time to look at how good she did. I went to the mirror and this is what I saw. I think she did pretty good.

I have to say, I got some pretty strange looks from other people when I went to church (whatever, like I really went to church like this!). Actually, I think I scared Hannah (my 2 yr old red head) and my wife (my 30 something red head) but I wasn't going to destroy all the work Shayna put into this masterpiece. I guess she did the best she could with what what she had to work with.

My point: I chose to spend some quality time with my kid. Everyday, we make choices about how we spend our time. This year I am going to be more intentional about spending time with the people I love. I want my time to say "I love you" as much as my words do.

Of course I got a head massage and a really cool hairdo out of the deal, but it was some great quality time that I will always remember. Party like a rockstar!!!

disclaimer: feel free to make multiple copies to distribute to all your friends

5 comments:

The Truth said...

Why do you look like that dude from Jane's Addiction (Perry Farrel) that founded GaryPalooza and Six Flags over Gary??

The Truth said...

Why don't you let me do your hair? I'll comb it with peanut brittle and wash it with honey - -try falling asleep then!!! Now that's quality time!!!

Dave Kidd said...

Too Cool,

I've recently re-discovered how much fun a hot-wheels race track and loop can be.

Enjoy the time with them while they still enjoy you!

As for the 2nd comment, I don't know what to say??? :)

The Truth said...

"This year I am going to be more intentional about spending time with the people I love. I want my time to say "I love you" as much as my words do."

Gary, See you THURSDAY!!!! I Love you.

Anonymous said...

Speechless!