Thursday, January 17, 2008

brother to brother

I got a symbol on Wed. I didn't say a tattoo because it is much more than that. It is a symbol of brotherhood, loyalty and unity.

There are only 5 other people in the world that have this symbol. It was created as a family crest for the men of the Stephens family. Because my friendship with them has grown over the years, they have asked me to join the mob - I mean brotherhood.

I love these people like they are my own brothers and I would do anything in the world for them. I didn't need to put ink in my skin to show this, but now there is a visible - outward expression of my internal dedication, loyalty and friendship.

Each little detail represents something different. Each detail was thought out and is symbolic. It is an honor to be asked to wear this symbol of brotherhood.

My point: When you have great friends, it truly is the greatest treasure in the world. It is amazing to know that there are people there for me no matter what.

Brother to Brother

If you are having a hard time making out the details of the symbol, it's probably because of the muscular canvas it is on...

7 comments:

The Truth said...

I'll take a "stab" at its meaning....hahahah...ahem. The swords being crossed represent the "crossing of streams" of two "brothers" in the woods. One is shorter than the other b/c Gary is, well...He's not your average Bear, if ya know what I mean. The colors are flamboyant to represent the feather boas that Gary normally wears at home. (BTW, I have a tattoo of Gary in his superman pose on my chest, over my heart - when I flex, his eyes cross). Over the years I've added to it. I recently had a little beret put on it and fatigues. I call him Little Gary Castro. I love him.

DFowler said...

I'm laughing so hard at "the truth's" comment! I want to see that tatoo! LOL!! ;)

Dave Kidd said...

oh boy...:)

Anonymous said...

Soooo yeah. "Muscular canvas" ??

=]

Andy Warren said...

When do i get my tat...i mean symbol of brotherhood?

Anonymous said...

Gary,
Would you join my brotherhood? Our symbol is 2 crossed chop sticks from "P.F. Chang's"!

Had a great time @ the retreat - we are so freakin' loud!!!

Chris said...

Is that what that mushy looking thing was on there shoulders? Swords? Huh....