Sunday, January 6, 2008

daddy's little princess

Since the new baby, Raegan has arrived, I have been on "Hannah duty". That just means while mommy takes care of Raegan, I get to cater to Hannah's every little whim and request. I have been spending a lot more time with her and I love it.

I love watching her grow and all the neat little things she does. Her latest is playing dress up. When she put on her Christmas dress she kept calling herself a princess. Of course I played it up and made the biggest deal of how beautiful my little princess is. Ever since that day, when I ask "where's daddy's little princess?" - Hannah shouts "here I am!!!". It is so precious.

Now when I come home, I immediately shout "where's daddy's little princess?" and Hannah comes running shouting "here I am!" and jumps into my arms. The funny thing is that even if I see her, I still ask where is daddy's little princess and even though she knows I see her, she still answers. I guess there isn't really a reason to ask where she is if I already know... or is there?

The reason I ask is because I want her to know that she is my little princess. I want her to know that she is special to daddy. I want her to know that I am excited to see her, I want her to know what I think of her. I want her to know that she is the apple of my eye (one of them anyway).

I think this is a lesson for us. I believe we disappoint God when we view ourselves less than what He says we are. When we accpt Christ, He calls us His children and tells us we are a new creation. We are made new, we are more than conquerors. There are so many other things He says about how He sees us. If we want to know what God thinks of us, we simply need to read His book. It tells us what He thinks of us. We let Him down when we choose to think less of ourselves than He does.

What is your response when God calls "where is Daddy's little princess?" or "where is Daddy's soldier/warrior?". Do we proudly yell while running to Him - "HERE I AM!!" or do we look around and wonder who is He talking to?

My point: If you don't believe you are all that God calls you, you are wrong. In fact you are even telling God he is wrong if you don't believe it. God says that you are created with a plan and a purpose but you say you are worthless - you are calling God a liar. Be careful with that.

Get in God's word and begin to believe what He says about you, not what others say.

4 comments:

The Truth said...

Wow - she is precious!! But by the looks of the picture, you're still running that same BINGO scam you did in North Carolina - -you remember, where you get your daughter to steal the coats and purses on the backs of the chairs - -Good luck with that.

The Truth said...

Get in God's word and begin to believe what He says about you, not what others say.

Exactly right!! I mean, what would Baby have done in Dirty Dancing if she believed what others said about her....?

The Truth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

hannah has an amazing sense of style if i do say so myself...