Wednesday, October 3, 2007

reach it

Hannah recently turned 2. As a little red head, I am not sure that I notice a difference now that she should be at the "terrible 2" stage.

Her new thing is to see an airplane and say "airplane" followed by "reach it". When we are out at night, she will see the moon and say "reach it". I have no idea where she picked this up but she really gets upset when you don't just reach up thousands of miles and grab the aircraft and moon out of the sky. I do everything I can to divert her attention but she is adamant about wanting to "reach it".

I LOVE that this child is already reaching for things way beyond her. She doesn't know that it is impossible. No one can tell her that she can't do it. She says it every time she sees a plane or the moon. Eventually she may stop trying to "reach it" and that will be a sad day.

That got me thinking about my life. Am I reaching for something that others say can't be reached? If not, why?

We had an advisory board meeting and discussed C3 ten years from now. It seems like we are reaching for the moon but that is a great thing. We realize that if we can reach it on our own, it is not big enough. We need to continue to have a "God sized" vision for His church. We may be trying things that others perceive as out of our reach but we believe it is within God's reach. We will not stop reaching for the things that are out of our grasp. If we can accomplish our dreams on our own, they are not big enough.

My point: Dream. Reach for things that may seem impossible. Never stop trying to "reach it" when you know it is what God wants for you. Don't allow others to tell you that it is out of reach and definitely don't tell others they can't "reach it". Help them, don't hinder them.

What are you trying to reach? If you can reach it on your own, it isn't big enough. DREAM BIG!!!

No comments: