Sunday, October 28, 2012

WEiRD

C3 just finished a series called "weird: because normal isn't working". It was a great series and made me think.

I think others think I am weird. I am sure u can insert a lot of really great & funny statements but spare me and keep reading.

I absolutely LOVE spending time with my family. That is weird to some people. I love it so much that I create adventures out of ordinary routine tasks.

Yesterday my younger girls wanted some daddy time so I built it up like we were gonna have the best day ever & it was a great day. We did absolutely nothing but errands but we did them together.

We went to Target to get Rae some t-shirts, I picked up some deodorant, laundry detergent, goldfish crackers and other boring stuff. But u know what made it fun- I ran down the aisles with the cart. I "accidentally" bumped into stuff (without messing anything up), I let them touch stuff, I let them decide which isles to go down & even let them eat the goldfish crackers without paying for them first. I know - I live on the edge.

Then I let them decide to have lunch at Sam's club (or so I let them think they did). I needed stuff from there so we made a plan to have a hot dog and get a free cookie then they could have all the samples they could eat.

My point: the fun was spending time together. What we did is not important. Fun is an attitude not an activity.

I had to choose not to text or check my email because I had 2 little girls that wanted my time AND attention. I will never regret spending time with my family.

If making routine errands fun makes me weird, if actually enjoying time with my kids makes me weird, if loving my wife makes me weird - I'm ok with that.





No comments: