Monday, October 1, 2012

judgement free


I go to a gym called planet fitness and they call themselves the "judgement free zone". 

I thought that was a pretty cool phrase because who wants to be judged? Then the more I thought about it, the more I wished the church was known as the "judgement free zone". 

Unfortunately the church has a different reputation but we are trying to change that at C3. 

We want people to feel welcome no matter where they are from or what they have in their past. I remember overhearing a conversation of 2 ladies talking. One said "it seems like people here at C3 have more problems than other churches I have been to". I was really sad to hear that until I heard the other persons response. She said "no, they are just more honest about their problems here".

After hearing that, I was very excited and realized that she was right. People here are just not as worried to be open and honest about life and the struggles they encounter. The reason - they feel safe, we try our best to be a "judgement free zone". 

My point: we can't stop other people from judging but we can stop ourselves from judging. If you want people to feel safe and be honest, they can't fear being judged. 

I pray the reputatation of C3 is what planet fitness claims to be - a Judgement free zone

1 comment:

brent salyers said...

If the Church were like you talked about, the WORLD would be a different place!! May we all do our part to have a personal judgment free zone!!