Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just start

I have realized that stress leaves when you start.

When I have a lot on my "to do" list, I start feeling overwhelmed or stressed. Yesterday I started a few of the bigger things that need done and immediately it took the power away from the stress.

When I sit and worry or complain about all there is to do or how busy I am, I am in a defenseless - victim posture. When I make a plan to handle all the projects, the stress is lessened but when I start them the stress is pretty much gone.

I find I only get stressed or overwhelmed when I don't have a plan or haven't started.

My point: no one manages your time but you. Other people may want to or think they do but you ultimately stay in control of your time or you give it away. When I look at people as an interruption, I can get stressed but when I look at them as a worthy investment of my time - I choose to make them a priority over my task list.

I am in control of my time - PERIOD!

Take away the stress of the task by starting. What is the one thing that is stressing you out - make a plan and start it. Let me know how that works for you.






1 comment:

brent salyers said...

I heard and acronym for the word "Stress" that I've not forgotten...
S - Stop
T - thinking.
R - real
E - effort
S - stops
S - suffering