Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lets talk about sex

This past Sunday our pastor talked about Sex.
It was a really good message about what's "normal".

That message started a conversation after service when a guy said I must be glad that I have all girls so I don't have to have the "sex talk" with them because their mom would do it. 

I said "are you crazy" (or some variation of that). I consider it a priviledge and right to talk to my daughters about sex. It is my responsibility to let them know where there dad stands on morals and values - especially when it comes to sex. 

I have never shyed away from the tough or awkward conversation with others so I will definitely not avoid them when it comes to the most precious gifts I have been given - my daughters. 

I know he said it without thinking but it really made me sad that he probably speaks for many others. Sex can be an awkward topic but it doesn't have to be. I would rather my girls know where I stand then for them to have to wonder and be wrong. 

My point: My children have been entrusted to me and it is my responsibility to speak truth to them because Lord knows there are enough people lying to them. Sex is probably one of the most important things we need to make sure the truth is clear and I will not leave that to anyone else. 

I love my girls and they will know the truth. They may feel awkward at first but they will learn there are no "off limit" topics when it comes to their dad. 

so, in the words of Salt n Pepa - lets talk about sex... 



No comments: