Thursday, June 26, 2008

wreck

Yesterday I was coming home from work and got into an accident.

This guy turned right in front of me and I creamed him. Not sure what made him think he could make it but he was wrong - it wasn't even close. 

I tried to swerve to miss him but to no avail. I locked the brakes and braced myself for the inevitable impact. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion. I saw the panic on his face then I saw the airbag punch me in the nose. 

My rearview mirror was dangling, my windshield shattered, some of the buttons came off of the dash, both airbags blew and then I stepped out of the car. My front end is a hot mess. I am not sure how much damage but it's not looking good for the mitsubishi. 

He was cited for "failure to yield when turning left", we exchanged insurance info and off I went. Trying to drive home with airbags hanging there was a little challenging. 

My point: you never know when someone is going to totally disregard common sense and take a ridiculous risk. We need to calculate our risks before we injure someone. 

To answer the obvious question - NO, I was not speeding or texting and no one else was in the car with me. 

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Glad you are ok, man!