Sunday, June 8, 2008

junk update

1 down - 3 to go

We are one week into junkless June. After many questions of clarification and reports of some serious headaches from withdrawals - it appears that things are settling nicely.  

I am hearing some people say that they need the accountability to get off certain items, others are appreciating the need to think before they eat while some people could make drinking a glass of water difficult... nonetheless, we are one week down with three to go.

Only one person so far has admitted to wanting to pay the penalty to throw in the towel so they can enjoy the things they gave up. While I would hate to see that, it would add more money to the junk pot. 

Please let me know if you have cheated at all. So far I have been very impressed with the integrity of the penalties. While most of them were accidents, there are some reports of it just being easier to pay the fine and enjoy the item. As long as they follow the guidelines, admit they cheated and pay the fines - cheat all you want.

So far there is $60 in the junkpot. There are still a lot of people that either didn't cheat or just didn't admit it yet...

My point: I think people are finally understanding the heart behind the original idea of junkless June. It is not to find substitutes it is to break yourself from the craving or desire to even want that item. 

I am very surprised that I am not craving sweets... go figure

No comments: