Monday, June 23, 2008

finish strong

We have one week left until the end of  junkless June. I have heard some great things from many people. Even those who have had to pay penalties are reporting that they officially broke the craving for soda, coffee, sweets, snacks... etc.

I have always believed that anyone can start but not everyone can finish. I remember being told that "if you start it, you finish it". It doesn't matter what it is, you do your best until the very end. I have always told Shayna and I will tell Hannah & Raegan - "there ain't no quit in you". Ok, so the grammar is pathetic but you get the point. 

Junkless June is teaching me a lot about the people involved. Some threw in the towel early while others said they didn't officially start it and then there are some who no matter what happens, they will not quit. It doesn't matter how many times they fall, they get back up and run thru the finish line. 

My point: if you are not going to complete the task, don't start it. If you do decide to stop before the task is complete, don't offer lame excuses or a bunch of  garbage that people won't believe anyway. Chances are that you are only saying it to make yourself feel better anyway. 

Just own up to it and choose what you start a little more carefully. You are only making it easier to quit each time you start something new. 

No comments: