Tuesday, June 24, 2008

thumbs up

When a company gives awful service I will tell people so I feel like I should do the same for companies that give great service. 

Verizon just hooked us up. Recently we discovered Twitter. It was very cool when I thought I had unlimited texting. Then I get the bill and realized it was only unlimited for verizon to verizon customers. BUMMER!!!

I called verizon and explained my ignorance and they credited my account and hooked me up with a REAL unlimited texting package and got it added to my wife's plan as well but here is the kicker - It will cost NO EXTRA a month... go figure. I can't disclose how I made it happen. We can chalk one up for a blessing or for flirting, either way, it was great. 

My point: we need to spread good experiences as much as the bad ones. I like hearing both only because it lets me be cautious of the negative companies and it makes me want to do business with the great ones. 

Good job verizon, you get a "thumbs up". I took the extra time to ask to speak to the person's supervisor so I can brag on her. She made my day, why not make hers.

disclaimer: my wife sat here and listened to the entire conversation and was ok with my flirtation (actually encouraged me to) as long as it saved us money... 

1 comment:

Joshua said...

can you tell me the name of the lady that you "flirted" with, I mean got the deal out of? i would like the same deal