Thursday, February 7, 2008

the parallel

Yesterday was my dad's birthday, it also just happened to be Ronald Reagan's birthday.

I would like to parallel the lives of these two great men. There are some amazing similarities. I trust you will be amazed by them.

Ronald Reagan - first name is "Ronald"
My dad - has a brother named "Ronald" (he is in the pic in the background)

Ronald Reagan - loves jelly beans
My dad - can spell "jelly beans"

Ronald Reagan - known as the "great communicator"
My dad - communicated great with a belt

Ronald Reagan - was on tv
My dad - loves to watch tv

Ronald Reagan - was the 40th president
My dad - is the president of the Barry Manilow fan club

Ronald Reagan - was married to Nancy
My dad - is married to Kathy (they both end with the letter "y")

Ronald Reagan - in office during the "Iran contra scandal"
My dad - had to go to my principal's office during my "spitting scandal"

Ronald Reagan - his wife was known for "just say NO"
My dad - his wife always says "NO"

Ronald Reagan - was on a postage stamp
My dad - has mailed many letters with postage stamps

Ronald Reagan - was a man of influence
My dad - was the greatest influence of my life

These are just a few of the amazing parallels of two great men.

My point: Birthdays are a great time of reflection. There are so many great memories I share with my dad. I can only hope my children love me half as much as I love my dad. There are so many lessons I am still learning from my dad. He made so many sacrifices for me and my family. As a dad myself, I can now appreciate some of those sacrifices he made out of love.

Thanks dad, for everything. Happy birthday. I love you very much.

5 comments:

DFowler said...

Awwwhhhh, that is so sweet! I love your dad! :)

Dave Kidd said...

Gary,

My wife and I read this blog together, we laughed at the comparisons, It helped! Thanks

D

The Truth said...

COMPARISONS:

Gary, like The truth, has a 30" waist and a 48" chest

Gary uses toothpaste and deodorant. So does the Truth

Gary is awesome. So is the Truth.

Ryan Day said...

This has to be the funniest, yet most touching posts ever! Freaking hilarious!

Anonymous said...

You are to funny. I laughed. Don't stop bolgging