Sunday, May 26, 2013

Starting point



About every 6 weeks I am totally re-energized. 

No matter how frustrated I get, how bad things go, how things get misperceived, how many people say they will do something then don't - none of that matters because every 6 weeks I am reminded why I do what I do. 

In an environment called "starting point",  Konan and I present the story of how we started, where we are now and where we feel like God is leading C3. 

I get fired up every time I hear our pastor tell the story of "what if..."  

What if there was a place people genuinely felt welcome. What if people wanted to take off the masks. What if they trusted us enough to invite their friends. What if they believed Gods promises. What if they truly wanted a personal relationship with Jesus. What if they loved other people. What if they lived with a different focus other than themselves or more money. What if...

C3 gets to meet amazing people every week. We are blessed with guests and a lot of those guests attend starting point to hear "the story". 

My point: getting to hear the reason we started this journey about 7 years ago keeps everything in perspective. Keeping that focus helps minimize the challenges of life.

If ur getting frustrated or burnt out, revisit the reason u started. What was your starting point???

No comments: