Saturday, May 11, 2013

ACTS

Today was an opportunity to get a lot of people together to impact our city. 

One person had a vision to have multiple churches come together to serve the community under the name of love instead of a church name. 

Today there were over 450 people scattered all throughout Pickerington doing a number of different tasks. 

I had the privilege of helping a team assemble a playground. It was nothing but a bare spot in the beginning and the end result of a vision, a plan, a team and execution is a new playground that will be there to enjoy for many years to come. 

My point: sacrifice and service is not always easy but it is always a blessing. I will always be able to look at this playground and say I got to be part of an amazing team of people who sacrificed time and energy (not to mention some ruined clothing) to make this city a little better. 

I am grateful to be part of a great city and a great church. 

No comments: