Saturday, June 1, 2013

UP


This week we got UP fitness bands. Since wearing them for 3 days we are now able to see how many steps we take, how much deep sleep, light sleep and even how long it takes for us to fall asleep. 

It is very cool but the reason it helps make better / healthier choices is because we are now accountable and we get immediate feedback. Deni can see what I have done and I can see what she has done. 

It even allows u to be on teams for an additional challenge if u want that. A lot of times we make unwise or unhealthy choices because we think it won't hurt, no one will know or I will make it right later. With his little bracelet, we get instant feedback. 

This thing will even remind u (by a light vibration) that u have been sitting for 15 - 30 mins. If we are in the car or if I am at my desk checking emails, I am gently nudged to get up and move around. 

My point: we all like instant feedback. We like to see "likes" or comments on our posts, we like to see the number go down on the scale, we like to get a laugh at a joke - whatever feedback or affirmation looks like to u, we like it immediately. 

What if we were this intentional with our spiritual lives - c'mon somebody!!!

No comments: