Saturday, December 8, 2012

odd couple

Tonight I got to see my oldest daughter perform in her school play "the odd couple". She did incredible. I am so proud of her and the entire cast.

The picture I decided to post with this latest blog is out of focus, it is a bit blurry. That's how the last 16 years of my life feels like it has been. It seems to have happened so fast, it is a blur.

As great & funny as the play was, I was very emotional afterwards. I was emotional for several reasons.
One - because my baby is growing up way to fast.
Two - because many of my friends and family came to support her. Three - because I see how many quality relationships she has at school. This group of students spent a lot of time together and they can now say - another chapter of this HS journey is in the books.

There are a lot of different personalities in this group and I think that is why it works, because they are all unique. It may seem odd to some but it is all about accepting and embracing the differences.

My point: In the book "DNA of relationships", there is a great quote that says "Life is about relationships, the rest is just details." I think Shayna understands this principle. She has great relationships and she will never forget them.

Yes, some may be a little odd, but that is what makes them unique.

I am so proud of this team and I am honored to see them enjoying this season of their young lives.

Life is about relationships - PERIOD!






No comments: