Saturday, November 3, 2012

rEVOLution

Today I am in Michigan with my best friend and my daughter. THEY are speaking at the Michigan youth convention: Love Revolution.

I say THEY because Konan, one of the best speakers I have ever heard is sharing the stage for a few minutes with Shayna.

This man connects the Word of God with practical everyday life in a way that you can't help but be moved to change. No matter how many times I hear the same stories - they are still funny. That's just a gift.

Konan is giving part of his session to my daughter to share her heart and passion. She is only going to support one of his main points but she will be on stage with a great man of God.

I believe God is giving this young lady a platform to be a change agent for her generation. With that platform comes tremendous responsibility. She has to guard it because it can be gone as fast as it came.

My point: Everyone needs someone to believe in them. As a parent of course I believe in my children but it is a humbling honor when someone else sees in them what God wants to accomplish in them and gives them opportunities to achieve their passion.

Shayna shared what she will communicate and I already cried. That's just the first time today and I am sure many more are on the way.

When the opportunity was given to her, I said: Shayna I want to say this is a once in a lifetime opportunity but I think for you this is just the FIRST of many opportunities.

Where are the tissues...



No comments: