Sunday, November 18, 2012

oh deer

How many people will take their time to research and find a car then take a whole day to take a 14 hour round trip to pick up that car then sleep in his car for an hour so he doesn't kill himself then in the process of all this - wreck his car? The answer is 1.

I am humbled by friends but can't even tell you how honored I am by friends who go above and beyond.

On the way back from NC, picking up my new (to me) car, I was passing my friend and I saw a deer jump in front of him. He hit it and then it rolled into my lane so I finished it off.

That's right, I was driving my new car home and hit a deer. That is the least of my worries. I was more concerned about his safety then for our cars.

I hate that his kindness and generosity ended in his car getting damaged.

My point: sometimes kindness doesn't end the way we think it will. Things don't always go as planned. Doing a favor may take longer, may cause you to not get as much done, may cost more, may be inconvenient but you do it because that's what a friend does. You do whatever you need to do.

My friend may have hit a deer but sent a loud and clear message of friendship.

Do you have a friend like that? Are YOU a friend like that...




No comments: