Thursday, November 8, 2012

but she did...

8 Years a miracle child was born.

We were told she would probably not make it full term but she did.

We were told she would not live for more than an hour or so if she did make it full term but she did.

Megan was named "Megan" because we found a meaning that said "strong & able". From the time we knew her heart did not develop right, we started praying that she was strong and able.

I believe she lived 4 days because we surrounded her with nothing but love. We had our families come in and LOVE LOVE LOVE. Then we locked ourselves in a room and showed this child nothing but love. Even tho her heart wasn't working correctly, she hung on 4 days because she was being loved. She was strong and able.

Then 4 days later, she crossed over into eternity and now she knows Love personally. God is Love. She is with our Savior and we will see her again someday.

My point: every opportunity is an opportunity to grow. We are so blessed to call Megan our daughter and because of her I am now stronger and more able. A lot of great things have come from my experience with this little girl. I am still learning and using my pain to help others.

I remember getting so upset that it still hurts so bad - it has been 8 years, shouldn't it hurt less? A friend of mine said "It hurts so bad because you love so deep". I am forever grateful for those words. Now I am comforted by the fact that it still hurts.

Many thought a child with so many physical problems couldn't make a difference in this world but she did...

I love you little girl



3 comments:

Deni said...

That was beautiful babe! I love it! Thank you for being such an amazing daddy! I love you!

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you guys.....I never met Megan but I know without a shadow of doubt that she was an amazing lil girl. Through you she is touching many lives. She was blessed to have 2 of the most loving parents ever....and I am most certain she felt all taht love. What a reunion y'all will have when we get to heaven. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Carrie said...

That was beautiful. I can't believe it has been 8 years. Love you both.