Sunday, March 31, 2013

Teenagers, tattoo artist & bankers

Today @C3 I looked around the room and was amazed at what I saw.

Gauging success is easy in school but how do you determine success in the church world.

The C3 report card is scored on LifeChange. When someone takes a step beyond where they are we celebrate it. The ultimate goal is to give them the information to make a LifeChanging decision.

Today I was struck by the diversity I noticed when I looked around the room. I saw my 16yr old daughter and a lot of her friends, I saw a tattoo artist and a banker. If that isn't cool I don't know what is.

We say we want to be a church where you feel comfortable inviting your friends. Based on that criteria - success.

My point: we could easily point to the offering or the 1100+ people that showed up this weekend but we want to celebrate more than that. We celebrate small steps and major decisions. We celebrate teenagers inviting their friends, we celebrate our banker showing up in his sweater vest and we celebrate our people inviting the one who gave them a tattoo.

We are blown away at what is going on at C3 and we celebrate being part of it.

What other environment will you see teenagers, tattoo artists and bankers.


No comments: