Saturday, March 16, 2013

Why do you play?

Rae (5yrs old) and I were playing tic tac toe and this is the board and its her move. What's a 5yr old to do?

My little left handed princess grabbed her crayon and started to put her X in a spot and I paused her and asked her what are you doing?

Before she answered, I told her to look at the whole board. Hannah (7yrs old) started to tell her what to do and I stopped her. I said Rae, what's the goal? And she said looked at me with a "are u kidding me" look and said "to win".

My point: sometimes we get so caught up playing defense that we forget to play offense. Sometimes we view ourselves as the victim and overlook the fact we are victorious. Sometimes we play not to lose instead of to win.

Sometimes we need to step back and get a fresh perspective. Sometimes a pause before we move is all that's needed.

What's the goal? What are u trying to do. Who are you?

If the goal is to win, play offense. If the goal is to win - WIN!

Rae made the right move - she won

No comments: